Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ren and Stimpy are 20!


Hey! It's Ren and Stimpy's Birthday. 20 years old they are. Easily one of the most influencing cartoons of our age. I still remember the first time I seen R&S, it was at a camp belonging to my parent's friends. They had a satellite dish which was pretty rare at the time. I fell upon an american TV station that showed only cartoons! All day long! It was called Nickelodeon, and on this channel I first caught a glimpse of that stupid cat and deranged chewawa. It was so twisted and weird I didn't know what to think of it, suffice to say I was hooked and I think it's probably to blame for my becoming an animator as well as my collection of magical nose goblins (it's sitting here on my desk in front of me.)

cheers to you Ren Hoek and Stimpson J. Cat.

I made this in their honour.

No comments: